I’ve been an Ezoic user (free plan) for almost 3 years.
Sign up for a free account now, even if you aren’t ready to use it yet.
As you know I have a number of sites that are monetized with Adsense and native ads, and consider myself pretty skilled at optimizing those earnings.
But I’m not a machine and I don’t have the time or patience to constantly be tweaking and testing.
Ezoic provides an automated tool that continually, automatically tests different variations of ad placements.
- ad positions
- ad sizes
- ad networks
- content arrangement (left sidebar, right sidebar, no sidebar, etc. etc.)
It reads in website content, inserts its own ads from various networks, and serves up that content from its own fast servers.
This is What Got Me Started with Ezoic
I had a site that was custom built (not WordPress), that had no mobile user interface. Rather than hiring a programmer to create a mobile version of the site, I just signed up with Ezoic.
Because Ezoic manages all the content for you and displays it correctly to every device size, it solved my problem instantaneously.
Mobile device support probably isn’t your biggest problem if you are using WordPress with a mobile optimized theme.
Benefits of Using a Tool Like Ezoic:
- Optimized advertising earnings
- Continuous automated testing of ad placement and content arrangement
- Access to a variety of display and native ad networks (without having to sign up yourself)
- Faster website speed even if your site is hosted on a slow host
- Extensive traffic and income reporting in one dashboard
Reasons Not to Use Ezoic:
- You are monetizing with something besides advertising (like pure affiliate links, sales of services, sales of digital products)
- You are confident your ads are already 100% optimized
- You already have accounts with all the big ad networks or access to them
Free vs. paid plan
The free Ezoic plan places a small ad at the bottom of your site. It is pretty inconspicuous and doesn’t diminish my earnings as far as I can tell.
The paid plan is $249 / month per $5000 in monthly earnings (so 5%) of earnings.
Ezoic says that most people experience earnings increases of 60 to 120%. So for most people, the 5% fee is nothing compared to the increase in earnings and other benefits like website speed.
I didn’t get a 60% increase. It is probably closer to 35% and has taken time to get there.
However, I’ve been doing Adsense for 8 years and have cranked over $600K through my accounts, so I was pretty well optimized when I started with Ezoic.
I expect most people will see bigger and faster improvements in earnings than I did.